Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pinkberry


I never liked yogurt, because to me its a tarty,  tasteless version of a smoothie. When I found out they made a frozen version, I thought it was a bland substitute to ice cream. That is,  until I went to a frozen yogurt store called Pinkberry, found at 209 5th Ave  in the heart of downtown San Diego. Ever since, I have come to  love the simplicity and taste of Pinkberry’s frozen yogurt.  In my opinion, Pinkberry  is the best yogurt chain to eat frozen yogurt.


I have always enjoyed their pomegranate flavor, but this is a  seasonal flavor (its on vacation, so you cant order it anymore). Blood orange is another flavor that adds further merit to Pinkberry’s reputation. I ordered the medium blood orange ($4.50) with strawberries, mochi, and kiwi. All the fruit toppings were superb because they were fresh and delicious. The strawberries were firm and ripe, and the kiwi was really soft. The mochi did not disappoint (this of course is a acquired taste), being powdered and chewy. The actual yogurt had a subtle tangy taste. The yogurt was light, sweet and very fruity. With the combinations of the toppings, I really enjoyed this yogurt and recommend this frozen yogurt chain shop.


The only thing I hate about frozen yogurt chains is that they emphasize tons of flavors as a good thing. Pinkberry doesn't do that. Instead they only give four flavors, and changes two of them about  every four or five months. These other chain restaurants give 15 other flavors with no flavor or tartness. Even certain yogurt chains don't even have fresh fruits or high quality toppings. That’s why to me Pinkberry is the best frozen yogurt chain to eat at. If anyone can prove me wrong, I would like to hear other options of a frozen treat, because I enjoy a delicious dessert.


Taste: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Overall: Fantastic

Critic: Joshua Villalpando
Editor: Mikery Hatfield


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment