Friday, January 14, 2011

Miso Harney Sushi

Sadly I was really hungry that I 
forgot to take the picture of the
Hawaii 5-0
When you go to a restaurant you want to go and eat food and have a fun time. Miso Harney Sushi not only does that but more. Found at 301 Mission Ave in Oceanside, the restaurant had a party theme to it. Although technically it isn't a club, it has a club atmosphere. To me this is a plus since I really don’t want to go to a restaurant to party. I want to go to a restaurant and eat really good food, and Harney Sushi fulfills these expectations.

So how is Harney Sushi a club atmosphere without the club? It has to do with the ambiance and the crowd. At a comfortable level, they play music of all types from oldies to dance to pop. The music makes you want to dance and enjoy the experience. The music was controlled by a DJ who was doing exceptionally well. The whole look of the restaurant is modern and sleek. The service was pretty good, always being ready to serve our drinks and to see if we were ok with our dishes.

The food was also up to par with the restaurant, they just had crazy names for their sushi! Examples of their specialty rolls are: the Hawaii 5-0, Hippie Roll, and even the Chuck Norris Roll. Since this was the first time I ever went to Harney Sushi, I didn’t know what to get and the names were definitely not helping. I ordered the second thing on the list, the Hawaii 5-0 ($16 dollars). It had eel sauce, cream cheese, tuna sashimi, avocado and some spicy sauce. I ordered around 8:30 pm and received my sushi in ten minutes. The sushi was actually really good and was so smooth. When I say smooth, I mean the sushi goes down your throat nicely and you can feel this slickness in your mouth. The sushi was smooth because it has great combinations. The avocado, the cream cheese and the tuna sashimi not only made the roll actually smooth, but also made it taste really good. The sushi also had a sweet, refreshing taste to it.
Not the Hawai 5-0, but the crunchy Roll

The only problem is the pricing. The cheapest sushi is about 5.50, while the most expensive is18.50. The Hawaii 5-0 itself was expensive, costing sixteen bucks while only getting 8 rolls. I know I did not get filled up with this dish only. If you don’t have a lot of money and if you're very hungry, then you might not be too happy with this restaurant. But if you are a sushi connoisseur, you will want to try Harney Sushi. 


Taste: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Overall: Fantastic



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment