Friday, January 14, 2011

Crepe World

As you have seen, I have visited Kearney Mesa a lot in this blog, but I found this French cuisine in the heart of an Asian community. The restaurant, Crepe World, can be found on 4646 Convoy St. I have been a loyal patron of Crepe World, but the problem is that I only get this one item that is so good and is a perfect dessert to finish the day.

The Fruit Crepe with coconut Ice Cream and Nutella ($4.48) is really good. I can’t emphasize this enough but this dessert is really good. The coconut ice cream is milky and creamy and sticks nicely to the thick chocolaty and nutty Nutella. Then they put these ingredients on top of a hot crepe, which melts everything, and top it with strawberries and fold it all together. Its sweet, cold, hot, thick and creamy all in one dessert.


The only drawback at eating at Crepe World is the plastic utensils. It’s such a pain to eat a crepe with a plastic fork and a plastic knife. It makes you work hard for your dessert. If you are having a bad day, those utensils wont help your day eating a perfectly good dessert. I recommend bringing your own fork and knife. If you have never had crepes before, then this is a good place to start. Even though not authentic, they're great crepes nonetheless. 


Taste: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Service: N/A
Overall: Fantastic


Critic: Joshua Villalpando
Editor: Mikery Hatfield


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. It's one of recommended places to get a high quality crepe. The drawback is only one? it's so funny. I think because the drawback is the plastic utensils. I think the plastic is only an ouside look but the most important is the taste. I never get the same taste of crepes anymore since I moved to LA in a month ago. I will try to come to this place someday.

    ReplyDelete