Monday, November 8, 2010

Village Pizzeria Bayside



I noticed that in my last blog, I did not have a clear view of valuing food. I decided to use the following three values: Taste, Quality, and Service. At the same time I rated each value out of 5 stars. My next review will be the Village Pizzeria Bayside in Coronado. This is a really good tourist attraction because it is right by the bayside having a beautiful view of Downtown San Diego. Since it was outside it had a really nice atmosphere.

What I ate in Village Pizzeria was two large pizzas. Now there are many options in choosing the size of the pizza. There is a small (10inches costing between 12-19.99), medium (14inches costing between 15-21.99), large (18inches 16-25.99), or a giant (28inches, 46-48.99). Since there were two large pizzas, there was a group decision that wanted a special pizza called the California and a pizza that wasn’t even on the menu and was specially made called the Buffalo Chicken pizza. Now both tastes were iffy, because each combination did not work. Both pizzas were very cheesy and the cheese was really good. The California pizza had diced white onions, tomatoes, and apple sausage. When I bit the pizza where it had onions and tomatoes, it was truly an amazing bite. The problem was when I ate the apple sausage with the pizza. It was a sweet sausage with savory ingredients, which distorted the flavor. The next pizza should not even go against the restaurant because this restaurant never made a buffalo chicken pizza before. It was a special order, a special order that was disgusting. When I put it close to my mouth, I was overpowered by the vinegar smell from the Tabasco sauce. The Tabasco sauce overpowered the pizza and as well the chicken was dry. It also had red onions and cilantro, which added no flavor. Basically don’t ever ask for this pizza, there is a reason why it’s not on the menu.

Even though both pizzas weren’t as good as I liked, the quality of the ingredients were exceptional. On both pizzas they had amazing crust. It was crunchy, soft, thin and had a smoky flavor. The tomatoes and even the cheeses they used were good quality.

The service was also really good especially when we arrived at lunchtime and there were only two waitresses. Especially when two people dropped there water (I was of them) and they rushed to quickly pick up the mess. The only problem was that it took over 30 minutes for both pizzas.


Overall, it was an ok restaurant. I went to Village Pizzeria before and its BBQ pizza was pretty good, but I can’t critique it since it was such a long time ago. The atmosphere is definitely a tourist place and the pricing was also tourist, where it cost a lot for sub-par food. Total bill came out to 55 dollars for just two large pizza. If you want blow your money, this is a good place, but if you want really good pizza in San Diego, this is not the place. Just go to...well actually I still have to find it.


Taste:3/5
Quality:4/5
Service:4/5

-Joshua Villalpando


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment